- Dr. Di Maio was the Deputy Chief Medical Examiner in Dallas County from 1972 to 1981 and the Chief Medical Examiner in Bexar County from 1981 to 2006.
- He obtained his medical degree from SUNY—Downstate Medical Center—in Brooklyn, New York in 1965. He is board-certified in Anatomical, Clinical and Forensic Pathology.
- Dr. Di Maio received the Jean R. Oliver, M.D. Master Teacher Award, presented by the Alumni Association of SUNY—Downstate Medical Center.
- He also received the Milton Helpern Award, presented by the Pathology/Biology Section of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences and the Milton Helpern Laureate Award, presented by the National Association of Medical Examiners.
- Dr. Di Maio is the author of many scientific publications, articles, letters and medical school textbook chapters.
Former Chief Medical Examiner, Bexar County
San Antonio, Texas
Monday, October 31, 2011
Tuesday, September 1, 2015